Thursday, November 1, 2007

#1

So far, I'm going to do this anonymously. Keep things interesting.
I've had a lot running through my head lately. Loneliness seems to lead towards deep thoughts.
I've been thinking a lot about addictions. In our society we all have some sort of addiction. Sure, there's the things that first come to mind, such as drugs and smoking, but the way things are going there are many more addictions circling around. How many people, teenagers especially, are addicted to the internet? Or addicted to their cellphones and their mp3 players? I admit to having an unusual addiction to my iPod.
However, subconsciouly we're all addicted to something that's not material, whether it's love, attention, or affection. We all strive for these above all else, and we're constantly thinking about these things. It would explain why girls dress in skimpy clothing or why teenagers change from one girlfriend or boyfriend to another so quickly one can't even keep track.
Think about it. My addiction is music & love. What's yours?

No comments: